Welcome to our World

So I decided to attempt to join the tech savvy world of bloggers. And if you know me, you know tech savvy I am not, so consider this a big step. I just thought that this might be a fun way for family and friends to keep up with us. I hope it will be something enjoyed by us all.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

All Things Girly :)

So Friday (4/29/11), as per Madilynn's request, the girls got to get their "tatut at the store".  Off to the little girl salon of your dreams, Sweet N Sassy, for our 10am appointments back to back.  Charlotte stepped up to the plate first, and as soon as she sat down was offered to watch the Tinkerbell movie on her own personal TV while adorning a drape that read "Sweet Princess".  She did fantastic with her trim and I was so proud of her. 
Madi sat very patiently awaiting her turn. Even though Madi's request is for a more drastic "tatut", her Mommy is not ready for all that, so she got a trim as well.  She did so great, sometimes appearring pretty stiff, but very cooperative. 
Once their hair is cut, the girls each got to choose a scent to spray in her hair.  Not surprisingly, Charlotte choose cupcake and Madilynn choose strawberry.  Who ever thought my kids could become even more delicious? They topped it off with glitter spray because all these girls need is a little more dazzle!
The enjoyed walking the little runway in the store and selecting a special sucker before leaving.  Oh, and what would a Sweet N Sassy visit be without a few glitter stars on the face and a tattoo on the hand.  I would say I left with two happy little girls.
The next day Charlotte had a birthday party to attend for a classmate at Glitz N Glam.  It's a good thing I am such a girly girl - yeah right.  Totally out of my element with these things, but I do so enjoy seeing the girls have their fun. Anyway, this was a fairy themed party.  So as soon as we got there, Charlotte got to go into the closet of all closets, dress up from floor to ceiling, so many dress up shoes you couldn't see the wall, basically a little girly girls dream.  Charlotte got to choose anything to wear, then it was  out to choose wings, a tiara, wand and jewelry.  Next the beautification process continued with nails and makeup.  While all done up they played games, did a craft, and took pictures, until it was time to undress and have cake and ice cream.  The craft they made turned out to be their take home treat as it was a foam picture frame and unknown to us they fill it with the group fairy picture taken at the party.  Charlotte initally was resistant to taking that shot, but in the end was very happy she did.  Charlotte also thought it was so cool that we picked up her friend and took her to and from the party.  Such a big deal. 
Madi got to spend the day with Daddy.  They went out to lunch at Chili's where she reports she had "mac n cheese". Then they went to the Woodlands Discovery Playground since Daddy hadn't been yet where she reports she played in the sand, her fave. 

All this was so cute, but did leaving me feeling a bit like I needed to go play in some dirt or hit something :)

1 comment:

  1. Come on, Jess! With a post like that you have to put pictures! I bet they looked so cute. Call me and I will walk you through it.

    ReplyDelete