Welcome to our World

So I decided to attempt to join the tech savvy world of bloggers. And if you know me, you know tech savvy I am not, so consider this a big step. I just thought that this might be a fun way for family and friends to keep up with us. I hope it will be something enjoyed by us all.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ahhh Success is Sweet!

Today, May 25th, is so different from last May, you can't imagine.  I am referring to Charlotte.  Last May, although better than the previous performance at Christmas, Charlotte, went through her 3 year old end of the year program with her head hung low, carrying her blanket, and without a ounce of participation.  Today, Charlotte, completed the show, participating whole-heartedly.  OMG, words cannot express how glad I am for her!!!
About a month or so ago, Charlotte came up with her "deal".  After watching some footage of her 3 year old end of the year program, she seemd like she knew she wanted it to be different for her this year.  She expressed interested being more like her friend, Jolie, in the show, rather than how she was. She said to me that she planned on participating in the show, but that we, me and Kevin, her mother and father, cannot be there.  Of course, I was like "What?".  I yessed her and then figured she didn't really mean it. 
Shortly after though, she said it again...and again.  I realized that Charlotte wanted to succeed at this, and she was asking for our help.  I figure that at her age, they desire so strongly to please, especially their parents.  It would be only natural that they, the parents, feel to the child the biggest stress inducer or critic.  She was telling me, "I an do this, but I need you to not be there." 
We took Charlotte's "deal" seriously.  We let her be very specific in where we were to be.  She wanted us in the lobby behind closed doors.  We could look through the windows.  She did not want to see us before and probably during. 
So today, we stood behind the closed door and watched her succeed - what a moment! So happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment