So on a last minute whim, I decide to take the girls to Davis Kidd Booksellers Breakfast with Belle Event. I was torn, but figured Kevin had to be at Saturday school (agh), and they are wanting to go and be brave and have fun. We got up and got all dressed like princesses. I was accompanied by a Belle Madi and an Ariel Charlotte. The event was to start at 8:30am, so we were on our way at 8am. This is early for a Saturday event for the Sanders to attend so no small feat. We met up with our friends, Katrina, Elena, and Annie Shook. All of us ctually on time, we purchased our tickets upon arrival.
We were seated in the cafe, entered into a raffle for Beauty and the Beast Show coming in June, given a craft and were waiting for Belle when they annouced that the buffet was open. So we ate - although had some waiting when food was burned and needed replenishing. The girls were having fun just being together, but they as were Katrina and I, were beginning to wonder, "Where's Belle?".
They next announce to move over to the storytime area. "So much for Breakfast with Belle, maybe she's just going to do the storytime?" We get over there only to be informed that Belle is NOT COMING! All the kids were like, "huh, what?", while all the moms were like, "what the ****?" They announce some raffle winners, had a representative from the radio station read Beauty and the Beast, took a group picture and said that when Belle can come we could come back and take pictures with her. Some people were beginning to leave, when I looked at Katrina (still stunned) and said, " We're gonna say something, right?" We decided for me to go complain and her to stay with the kids. I said my piece and got us full refunds without struggle, but I am still bother that they didn't offer it upfront to the group. People should not be put in the position that they have to speak up for the refund that is due to them.
Later that day, Katrina and the girls came over for dinner and playing. Katrina, who is on Facebook, commented about the Davis Kidd posting she had been following about the morning's event. I learned and saw that the group picture had been posted on Facebook...with my two children and hers on it. I am not even one Facebook! Do you think I want my children on there without even my knowing or permission? I am so disappointed becasue I do so love this bookstore and a smaller local neighborhood bookstore. However, a heated phone call must and will be made in the AM!
No comments:
Post a Comment