Welcome to our World

So I decided to attempt to join the tech savvy world of bloggers. And if you know me, you know tech savvy I am not, so consider this a big step. I just thought that this might be a fun way for family and friends to keep up with us. I hope it will be something enjoyed by us all.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Fifth's Dz. and Birthdays - What a Combo

So first thing Saturday morning, Dr. Benaim, our pediatrician, called.  She had just seen the cell phone message.  She apologized that she just now had seen it, but stated that she rarely looks at her cell after Friday comes to a close until Monday, and that in the future I should call her house number and proceeded to give it to me.  If you think that is amazing (as I do), just wait til you hear what I tell you next! 
I explain the situation of how a week and a half ago Madi was diagnosed my Dr. Montgomery with right ear infection and placed on Omnicef, 6/10 days into the drug she complained in the night of left ear pain, she was seen by Dr. Higginbotham and changes her to Biaxin, 2/10 days into that drug she emerges with this rash, i call the MD office and Dr. Benaim changes her to ZPak, same drug family...ughhhhhh whew.  She said ok so I need to see you.  You can come to my house, East Memphis?
So at 10am, me and the girls were on our way to Dr. Benaim's home to ring her door bell and be seen.  Crazy!!!   This actually worked out really well because at 11am we were to be at the Windsor's house in East Memphis for Nora and Xander's Birthday party.  We walk into Dr. Benaim's house and she is certain that Madi has not experienced a drug reaction, but rather has Fifth's Disease.  She is certian.  I love this doctor and really never question her. (she apologed for prescribing the ZPak acknowledging that she did not know of the change to Biaxin).  My first words are, "Isn't Fifth's very contagious, cause we are one our way to to a birthday party full of kids".  Luckily, we could cotinue with our plan to attend the party of our beloved friends, because we learn that the virus is not contagious once the rash is out (it is during the 3-5 asymptomatic days previously that it is - go figure).  Ok so we have to deal with rash for the next 2-6 weeks. 
Nora and Xander's party was a success.  The kids played and jumped in the jump house.  We all ate and had fun as usual.  Unfortunately, it was unusually cold that day so there was no swimming - even though Charlotte was willing if other were  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment