Welcome to our World
So I decided to attempt to join the tech savvy world of bloggers. And if you know me, you know tech savvy I am not, so consider this a big step. I just thought that this might be a fun way for family and friends to keep up with us. I hope it will be something enjoyed by us all.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
RASH!!!
So it's Friday the 13th and when I wake up with the kids after working the night before, I realize that Madi has a rash to the left side of her face and arms. Just yesterday, she was changed to Biaxin from Omnicef for ear infections. I called the doctor's office for fear that maybe this was a drug reaction and see if she needed to be seen. The nurse consulted with the doctor and felt it more than likley was a drug reaction and to no longer give it and she called in a new prescription for her. The rash was not bothering Madi and so I didn't give her any Benadryl or anything. Later that day, we go to pick up the prescription. I get it home and look at it and realize that the newly prescribed ZPak is in the same drug family as the discontinued possibly reactive Biaxin. And of course when I see this it is 4:30pm on a Friday and there is no one at the MD office to help answer my problematic dilema. I feel I have no choice but to leave a message for the on call RN. She calls me back and I explain the history and current problem. She then has to call the on call MD. She then calls me back and asks allergies and we talk about her categorization as penecillin allergy. She calls the MD back. She calls me back and says that I need to bring Madi into the Saturday clinic tomorrow, have blood work done, and find out why she is so reactive to the medicines. The MD felt out of options at this time. For fear that Madi is going to have ear pain in the night without drugs to fight off her ear infections, i have put in a call to our pediatrician's personal cell phone, which I hate to do, but I myself feel out of options. Hopefully, she'll have a better answer, because if Madi needed to be seen I could have brought her in Friday day when I called to a regular visit, not to the weekend clinic which costs more and is a bigger headache in my book. We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment