Welcome to our World

So I decided to attempt to join the tech savvy world of bloggers. And if you know me, you know tech savvy I am not, so consider this a big step. I just thought that this might be a fun way for family and friends to keep up with us. I hope it will be something enjoyed by us all.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Madilynn's First Performance

On Wed., May 4th, Madi and I began our day at Bartlett Baptist for Charlotte's special Muffins with Moms Event.  We had muffins (clearly), the kids sang a song (Charlotte was not so into that) and Charlotte gave me a special tile she had made.  On it she had painted two flowers.  The center of each flower was each of her thumbprints and the petals each of of her fingerprints.  So cute. 
That concluded at 9:40 and then we were off to Advent Presbyterian where Madi goes to school.  Madi was to go to school today to be a part of the Mother's Day/ End of the Year Program.  It was done in the form of inviting the parents to a sampling of their circle time.  It was informal and took place in their classroom on their rug with seating for the parents all around.  I really felt this was perfect for a 2-3yr old class.  Madi took right to it without a problem.  She was sitting in the middle of the rug and participating - just adorable.  In fact in the middle of it, I think she was getting a little too comfortable deciding to lay down on her belly legs bent up.  A few seconds after she did this, her pal, Jane, decided, "Good idea, Madi" and began to do the same.  They ended up being told to sit on their bottoms criss cross applesauce seeing as they couldn't have the entire class laying around.  It was so non-stressful for her and I, I was amazed.  I really enjoyed the beginning when the teacher "called roll".  When she said, "Madi Sanders" Madi raised her hand and then the teacher said "Good Morning, Madi" just to her.  I just thought speaking so directly to each child individually was really nice.  I know, I'm such a softee - ya right.  They sang about 12 songs and did the Pledge and then in closing each student presented their mom with a flower, a card, and hug while saying Happy Mother's Day.  Gotta love it.  Madi was extra excited when she got invited to stay and play on the playground even though it wasn't her school day!  Bonus for Madi.

No comments:

Post a Comment