Welcome to our World

So I decided to attempt to join the tech savvy world of bloggers. And if you know me, you know tech savvy I am not, so consider this a big step. I just thought that this might be a fun way for family and friends to keep up with us. I hope it will be something enjoyed by us all.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Big Girl Furniture!

Kevin did not attend the Windsor's birthday, becaue it conflicted with the picking up of the girls' new bedroom furniture.  OMG my kids are graduating to big girl furniture - it can't be.  We are done with two toddler bed and a changing table making up their room and moving on to a dresser, mirror, chest of drawers, nightstand, and twin bed with headboard, footboard, and trundle!  Annndddd, the set is beautiful!!! I found it and discussed it with Kevin.  We weren't really prepared to get all this, but he finally said, "do you really want it?"  And me, the one who has trouble parting with big money, answered "kinda yes".  Honestly, I know that when I was a little girl, as tomboy as I was, this is exactly what I would have wanted in my room. 
Kevin and our neighbor friend, Jason, went with his big pick up and a Uhaul trailer and picked it all up and when we got home there it was in their room and their nursery, even though still painted, was no more...
The girls and I stopped on the way home and picked up not one, but two, comforter sets.  One that they really liked (oddly enough it was like a teen/college set) and one that I didn't love, but thought matched the furniture best.  I am having trouble deciding, but know we'll figure it out.  Just wanted to make sure we had some sheets!
All I can say is it's lovely, but very different when I enter my girls' room.

No comments:

Post a Comment