Welcome to our World

So I decided to attempt to join the tech savvy world of bloggers. And if you know me, you know tech savvy I am not, so consider this a big step. I just thought that this might be a fun way for family and friends to keep up with us. I hope it will be something enjoyed by us all.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Party @ Bartlett Baptist PreSchool

Today (4/20/11) Madi and I got to join in with Charlotte and her class for their Easter Party.  When we first got there, I learned that Charlotte held a special job for the day as Line Leader.  I do beleive this is the first time she has had this responsibility and I was proud as she seemed to be doing it well.  She led her class to the Easter Egg Hunt which was indoors do to rain about to start.  Previously, Madi and I helped to hide and scatter the eggs about the location.  Charlotte has been very excited about the upcoming Easter egg hunts, and this was the first of this year's.  Sadly, when we got the start time, her anxiety got the best of her.  She did not pick up any eggs, but rather buried her head into my legs :(  Luckily, her teacher, Ms. Pat gathered some for her and Madi happily retreived 4 to put into her sweet bunny basket each she had made.  Madilynn was so good and not once even asked about any eggs for herself - really kind of amazed me. 
 In hindsight, Charlotte knew of the eggs I had stuffed.  When she saw all the eggs scattered, I think she got confused and that heightened her nerves.  Just before the start, she looked at me unsure and said, "how will I find my eggs, how will I know which ones are mine?"  I quickly tried to tell her that she could pick up any eggs, and that they were all for everyone, but Charlotte doesn't usually do great with any quick change in her mind. I guess I took for granted that she'd recall last year and exactly how it worked. She did really want one of our eggs though because they had little fuzzy chicks in them, but she did not get one.
Luckily, once back in the classroom for lunch and craft, she got herself back into the spirit and had fun.  It was pizza, fruit, and cupcakes for lunch.  Madi got to sit right next to Charlotte, (which they both love), who was right next to Christopher - as per usual.  The cupcakes here really do deserve some recognition.  They were made by another little girl's mom and they were iced chocolate with some green icing for grass and some speckled m&m eggs set on top, but the wonderment lies in the cake part of each cupcake being a rainbow of bright colors.   This mom actually separated the cake mix, dyed each bowl, and layered every individual cupcake.  Wow, kudos to her.
This Mommy was in charge of the Easter craft.  Charlotte always tells me how she likes for her Mommy to explain "how to do it" to the class. I did just that explaining how to marble paint the pre-cut Easter Egg cardstock.  It seemed to be a big hit and Madi participated right along side her sister. 
My great joy came after this when I was placing the kids' crafts and baskets in the hall and then returned to enter the classroom.  Ms. Pat had all the children looking at her from their little chairs to do a song for the parents present.  It was a song about a tiny raindrop that gets larger as the children sing louder.  Charlotte participated whole-heartedly, without noted hesitation!  May be a little thing to some, but almost tearful to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment