Welcome to our World

So I decided to attempt to join the tech savvy world of bloggers. And if you know me, you know tech savvy I am not, so consider this a big step. I just thought that this might be a fun way for family and friends to keep up with us. I hope it will be something enjoyed by us all.

Monday, April 25, 2011

The Day of April 16th

This morning started out lovely with a little morning sleep for Mommy...yeah!  Kevin got up with girls and I tried to kick the sickness I've had for way too long with a few extra zzzzzzs.  The sickness remained, but I did enjoy the snooze (and little breakfast in bed too :) )
Once up and going there was no stopping.  Kevin went over to school to put in a day's work.  IEP season is the pits!  So much work and stress on him - the countdown is on til it is over in early May.  I got the girls dressed after baths and we went for a special surprise...to see Knuffle Bunny, The Musical at The Orpheum.  They were very excited once I told them of the plan.  Knuffle Bunny is one of both of their favorite books, in fact there are three written by Mo Willems and we own them all, and read them DAILY.  The show was a big hit with the girls.  They enjoyed ring pops while watching the hour long show and then even waited by the stage door for autographs!  So now our Knuffle Bunny Book, tattered and torn and taped, is preciously signed by "Trixie," her parents, and the show's puppeters (x2).  
On our way home, we met up with our friends on the island to catch some of their school festival.  We watched the cardboard boat races and then the rubber duck races. The girls really were having a good time, but their Mommy was freezing.  We ended up running home, getting warmer clothes, and returning for the outdoor concert.  It was really fun and the girls got to run and play and dance till their hearts were content.
Right from that it was off to church.  This almost put me over the edge as I did not have the usual church supplies (drinks, snacks, Color Wonders - you know what everyone brings to worship), but did have two growing weary children.  Charlotte behaved fine, while Madi had a bit of trouble staying still near the end - shocking I know. 
We arrived home to meet up with Kevin, who informed me that dinner plans had changed from quick, easy, microwaveable leftovers to cookout with the neighbors at our house.  I looked at what was to be the hosting grounds for this meal and began moving quickly with Kevin to transform it into something presentable to our friends.  Luckily, they know how we roll, so won't end our friendship over the condition of our home.  We all really enjoy cooking out with the neighbors and so it was fun for all.  We did call it a night when Madi began to beg for a bath and bed.
From the moment my feet touched the floor today, they didn't seem to stop.  All I can say is thank God for my comfy cozy bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment